How to Get Started
All of the performances on Contrebombarde Concert Hall are made by people who are using Hauptwerk software and the sample set of their choice. It's all done on their home computer.
So if you like pipe organs, and are interested to play at home, here are some ways to get involved:
- Browse to find performances you like on Contrebombarde.
- Find sample sets that you would like to play by listening to content uploaded by our users.
- We can help you determine what hardware you will need to run the sample set you want. Email email@example.com or visit www.midiworks.ca. Let us help you determine if your current computer and MIDI hardware will already work with Hauptwerk or if you need other hardware.
- Download the free version of Hauptwerk from the Hauptwerk download
page to start experiencing Hauptwerk. Then you can decide whether you
want to stay with that or move up to either the Basic or Advanced
editions. A high speed Internet connection is required due to the large
- Create a profile at contrebombarde.com so you can upload pics, mp3s and leave feedback for the people brave enough to upload mp3s.
- Make sure you join the contrebombarde mailing list when you register.
- Connect with other users on the Hauptwerk forum or find someone near you who already has Hauptwerk by using our "Find an instrument near you" feature.