|Builder:||Lohman & Son|
Pulled from producer site.
May not be 100% accurate.
|Description:||Until 1944, an organ with Hoofdwerk, Rugpositief and Pedaal stood in Catharijne Church. Built in 1840 by C.F.A. Naber from Deventer, it was lost in 1944 when the tower collapsed as a result of war.|
After using a "temporary organ" from the firm Valckx & Van Kouteren for more than 35 years, the Reformed Church, in December 1980, bought the organ from the former Broederenkerk in Zutphen. This organ was built between 1824 and 1828 by N.A. Lohman & Son and made use of the organ, placed there by AFG Heijneman, from the former Sint-Janskerk in Arnhem. The instrument originated in Huijse Schaffelaar in Barneveld.
The starting point for the design of the organ front in 1824 was the Lohman organ at Eenrum (Gr.).
In 1894 the organ was cleaned and restored by J.F. Witte, and, amongst other work, the case was repainted, pipework was restored and some were provided with tuning cutouts (expressions). In 1938 the firm J.C. Sanders & Son carried out a restoration which included electrification of the pedal action and expansion of the Rugpositief. The dismantling in Zutphen and restoration and reconstruction in Heusden was carried out by Orgelmakerij Gebr.Reil Heerde, under the advice of Drs. J.J. van der Harst. The organ, as it was in 1828, was used as a starting point. Meanwhile the case was made about 1 m shallower.
The drawknobs installed by Sanders were replaced by Naber stop knobs, from the organ in the Alkmaar Sint Laurens Church. The carving around the feet and of the wings was redone, as well as the pinnacle. On Saturday, September 22, 1984 the organ in Heusden was officially inaugurated.
|# of uploads with organ:||103|
|# of users uploaded using organ:||9|
G.F.Haendel Fuga HWV 605 (Popup Player)
Psalm 85 1 en 3 (Popup Player)
Prelude and Fugue in C major BWV 545 (Popup Player)
Passacaglia (Popup Player)