George Brandon (1924–2000) — Voluntary No. 1 (1974) for organ
American composer George Brandon (1924–2000) was born in Stockton, California and educated at the University of the Pacific and Union Theological Seminary. He taught at Eureka College, William Penn College, and after relocating to Davis, California in 1962, he held positions at a number of churches, notably at St. Martin’s Episcopal Church, whose new Schlicker organ he designed in 1982. His more than 300 published compositions included numerous choral, organ, and piano works.