John Pullein. (1878 - 1948)
John Pullein although unfamiliar to us was part of an organists dynasty. His father William was a professor of music, he ended up organist at St Mary’s Cathedral Glasgow and his younger brothers were also organists.
Finally here is the third of the Three Miniatures.
More info about the family thanks to KerrJ.
William Pullein was a Lay-Clerk at Lincoln Cathedral for 43 years, during which time Ernest, Frank, John, and W.R. Pullein were all also involved in the music there.
W.R. Pullein (1865-) was an articled pupil and assistant organist at Lincoln Cathedral before being appointed to St.Andrew's, Lincoln, and then St.Mary's, Calne, Wiltshire, which had a 5-manual organ, as did the nearby Castle House, where he was also organist.
Frank was a solo chorister, articled pupil, and assistant organist at Lincoln Cathedral, before moving to Wrexham in 1895 to become organist of the Parish Church there.
John (1878-1948) was a choirboy at Lincoln Cathedral, and then became organist at St.Swithun's, Lincoln (1896-1903), St.Peter's, Harrogate (1903-1917), and St.Mary's [Episcopal] Cathedral, Glasgow (1917-1940) then Woodside Parish Church. In his Glasgow days he gave numerous organ-recitals (in various locations), many of which were broadcast through the then new medium of radio. His organ-compositions date mainly from his Harrogate years, with the notable exception of his Prelude on "Canterbury", which wasn't published until 1939, although he himself had been playing it for many years before that.
Ernest (1880-) was trained at Lincoln Cathedral, and became organist at St.Andrew's, Lincoln (1898-1908), then organist and choirmaster at St.Martin's, Lincoln (1909-), where in 1945 the above three organists (W.R. was possibly deceased by then) gave a joint recital celebrating their long service in church and organ music.
Thanks to John Henderson for the music.