The organ of the monastery church of Riddagshausen near Braunschweig was built in 1979 by the renowned organ workshop of Alfred Führer in the neo-baroque style. It is designed very similar to the first organ of the church, built around 1619 by Heinrich Compenius the younger. Like the Compenius organ the new instrument comprises 31 stops on three manuals and pedal and fills the large church room with its beautiful sound. The disposition and the pipe scaling are closely following the original instrument. With its warm fundamentals and expressive reeds it is perfectly suited for a wide repertoire, even romantic and contemporary music. The disposition of the organ is printed on the last page of this booklet.
Lively concert activities with international guest organists attest to the wonderful sound of the instrument and make it known widely even outside of Germany.
The recordings were made using Microtech Gefell Mk221 capsules with MV201 preamplifiers mounted on a Jecklin disc. These microfones mounted on the Jecklin disc result in a recording that is rich in detail and captures the room ambience perfectly. The signal was digitized in 24bit/96kHz using a Focusrite SaffireLE without any analog filtering. All sample processing steps were done with the 24/96 sample quality before finally converting them to 48kHz for distribution.
|# of uploads with organ:||243|
|# of users uploaded using organ:||26|
Rule Britannia (Popup Player)
Praeludium & Fuge G-dur BWV 541 (Popup Player)