|Builder:||Reuter Organ Company|
The congregation was formed in 1858 and first met in Burke's Hall on First Street. In 1861 they built their first edifice which was the first synagogue on the Northern Pacific coast. It was enlarged four years later, but was soon outgrown. A new temple was consecrated in 1889 and housed a Geo. Kilgen organ that burned with the temple in 1923. The present Byzantine-style temple of brick and sandstone was consecrated in April 1928. The Reuter organ was contracted on December 28, 1926. It was scheduled for delivery in September 1927, but was probably not installed until 1928. The cost of the organ was $25,000.00
The Reuter Organ Company is an American organ-building firm founded in 1917 by Adolph C. Reuter (1880-1971). Two years later the firm moved to Lawrence, Kansas. The company still operates today, and it has built more than 2240 organs during its hundred year history. Until the post World War years, the organs were tonally conservative, voiced on moderate wind pressure, following the general trends in the American organ building.
|# of uploads with organ:||42|
|# of users uploaded using organ:||9|
Reuter Opus 227 Sample Set Live Tour (Popup Player)