Although there is the likelihood that the church had a pair of organs before the reformation, the earliest known instrument there dates from 1802. This was a small organ of some 13 stops spread across two manuals. The builder was given as Hugh Russell, but there is some speculation that it may have been second-hand. This instrument lasted without alteration until 1867, when G.M. Holdich added a third manual, a pedalboard and another 11 stops, resulting in a far more flexible organ enjoying a specification which was quite typical for the period. However, this was now Victorian London, a period when size mattered and consequently a larger and grander instrument was soon desired. This came in the form of a brand new 33 stop organ from J.W. Walker at a cost of £1,108 and 5 shillings. The Walker organ demonstrated some of the tonal fashions current in 1880 – a Horn Diapason on the Great, a greater variety of 8 foot tone including an undulating rank on the Swell and mixtures comprising just unison and quint ranks. This instrument appears to have survived unaltered for the next 60 years.
|# of uploads with organ:||180|
|# of users uploaded using organ:||11|
Sortie Fanfare (Toccatina) (Popup Player)