|Builder:||William B. D. Simmons|
Built by William B. D. Simmons, Boston in 1852, this organ was shipped around Cape Horn to Howard Presbyterian Church in San Francisco. It is one of the few organs that survived the 1906 earthquake and fire that ravaged the city. In 1976, it was purchased by Los Altos United Methodist Church, removed and rebuilt with additions by Manuel Rosales and Associates in 1977-78. In 1993, George Bozeman Organ Builders added several prepared pedal stops. The Keyboard action is entirely mechanical, and there are 2 levers to engage the four Great upperwork stops and operate the Swell expression shutters. The stop knobs are engraved without pitches as was norm in the early 19th century in America.
|# of uploads with organ:||3|
|# of users uploaded using organ:||2|
Elegy (Popup Player)