|Producer:||Augustine's Virtual Organs|
The village has been inhabited since ancient times, and is home to the largest Avar cemetery in Central Europe. Zamárdi has been a popular bathing place on Lake Balaton since the 1910s, with many guests visiting in summer.
The church, built in honor of the Assumption, was built from 1771 to 1777 in Baroque-Rococo style. The picture depicting the birth of Mary, the pulpit, and the wooden statues (St. Michael the Angel, St. Joseph, St. John the Baptist) were made in 1779 by master György Lingzer from Székesfehérvár. The parish church was run by Benedictine monks until the time of the communist era, and has since been diocesan.
The organ was made by an unknown master in 1786 and this organ worked very well even in the XX. century as well. In World War II, the Soviet soldiers set fire to the organ cabinet and the metal pipes were taken away, the organ being completely destroyed. After that, the church did not have an organ for 60 years. The construction of the new organ was initiated by the parish priest György Kocsi in 2006. Church devotees and vacationers raised money for the organ. The Pécs Organ Building Manufactory was commissioned to build the organ. One of its leaders, the family of Attila Budavári, came from Zamárdi. The Pécs Manufactory not only built the organ, but also donated the third manual Cornet pipes. The organ was built in the French-Baroque style. This organ is the only small French-Baroque style organ in Central Europe. Organ designer Bertrand Cattiaux was involved in the design of this, and the intonation of the instrument took place under his personal direction. The organ was completed in 2010 and has been an ornament of the church ever since.
|# of uploads with organ:||10|
|# of users uploaded using organ:||2|
Raick - Sicilienne in A (Popup Player)