|Builder:||Forster & Andrews|
Forster and Andrews were a Hull based company operating from 1843 to 1956 who produced some very fine toned and well built instruments. The company developed their house style based on many of the ideas introduced by Edmund Schulze of Paulinzelle, Germany. Indeed, the company worked very closely Schulze on several of his instruments in the UK and Schulze usually recommended Forster & Andrews when he was unable to take on a specific job himself. They started out their organ building lives apprenticed to J C Bishop in London before setting up in Yorkshire. Their Magnum Opus was the superb organ in Hull City Hall; a large four manual concert organ of exceptional tone. The firm was taken over by Christie (of H.N.B. and Christie's cinema organs) in 1924.
|# of uploads with organ:||4|
|# of users uploaded using organ:||1|
Finale from the Firebird Suite (Popup Player)