|Producer:||Augustine's Virtual Organs|
The church was built by the only Hungarian-founded order, the Order of St Paul the First Hermit, on the site of a demolished mosque in 1723. The architect was András Mayerhoffer, who was one of the outstanding figures of Hungarian Baroque architecture. The church was built for a very long time and was not completed until 1771. This church was the central church of the Paulines. After the Pauline Order was dissolved in 1786, the church became the property of Pázmány Péter University. Since the church is still owned by the university, the common language is known as the University Church.
The first organ of the church was completed in 1791. It was a two-manuals organ. Unfortunately, in 100 years, this organ has been completely destroyed and its disposition has not survived. Only the organ cabinet remained.
The new organ was built by the Rieger organ factory in Budapest from 1910 to 1915. This organ had 3 manual, 57 stops, pneumatic systems. The disposition of the organ was designed by Aladár Zalánffy, and the neo-baroque organ cabinet was made by Ernő Foerk.In 1942-43 the disposition of the organ was changed to a lesser extent, based on the plans of Ferenc Gergely.
|# of uploads with organ:||8|
|# of users uploaded using organ:||2|
Toccatina (Popup Player)