The baroque organ in the cathedral was built in 1718-1723 by Martin Zorkovský. It is not known if it was 1 or 2 manual organ at time. The section of Rückpositiv was added later, probably in the end of the 18th century. The instrument was rebuilt in the 1870s by Martin Šaško and later completely modified by Otokár Vážanský in 1932. It became a romantic organ with tubular action – completely unlike the original. Almost one century later, in the years 2016-2017 a new organ was built by Austrian company Kögler. It is now pure baroque style. Around 200 of the old baroque pipes were used, mainly prospect pipes. The Rückpositiv case was made new to better fit a larger organ case. The new organ is very versatile, full of colorful stops, which fits perfectly with the acoustics of the Nitra cathedral.
|# of uploads with organ:||5|
|# of users uploaded using organ:||2|
A Baroque Christmas (Popup Player)