Not much can be said with certainty about the oldest organ, now the Hinsz main organ. It is believed that the Bovenkerk came into the possession of a large organ built by Johan van Kovelens (or J. van Covelen) between 1520 and 1523. The oldest pipework in the organ (especially the flutes 4′ and 2′ of the Bovenwerk) probably comes from Jan Morlet (1629). In 1676 Jan Slegel completed a new organ, using materials from the old organ. In the years 1694-1712 Johan Duyschot made some changes and had the organ in maintenance.
Albertus Anthoni Hinsz carried out extensive work on the organ in the years 1741 – 1743: he designed a new case, renovated all the wind channels, the windchests and the key and stop actions. The existing disposition was also expanded somewhat on this occasion. This made it the largest organ made by Hinsz.
In the years 1788/1790 H.H. Freytag and F.C. Schnitger Jr. added an independent pedal of 8 stops and added a Borstwerk of 4 stops playable from the Bovenwerk keyboard. They placed the Dulciaan 8′ of the Rugwerk on this new Borstwerk, and a Fagot 16′ was placed on the vacant place in the Rugwerk. During the nineteenth century, the organ builders Van Gruisen, Scheuer and Naber worked on the instrument. In 1866 the Kamper organ maker Zwier van Dijk gave the Borstwerk its own keyboard. He also added some stops.
|# of uploads with organ:||9|
|# of users uploaded using organ:||4|
Praeludium in D Major (BuxWV 139) (Popup Player)
Bin ich gleich von dir gewichen (Popup Player)