Pulled from producer site.
May not be 100% accurate.
|Description:||The Lutherkirche on the Zschopauer Strasse in Chemnitz was built in 1908 in neo-roman style. The central tower is 64 m high. The Church and its organ were constructed at the same time - they form a rare unity. The organ was built by Wilhelm Sauer (Frankfurt/Oder) in 1908, two years before he retired. In that one very prolific year, he built 4 organs in Berlin among many others, comprising altogether more than 600 stops! The Chemnitz organ bears opus number 1011 and was inaugurated on April 1st, 1908. It consists of three manuals and pedal with a total of 50 stops. We are lucky to still have this organ with us. The Lutherkirche miraculously survived World War II, while the surrounding area was destroyed.|
Ten stops were changed in 1938 by Jehmlich of Dresden according to the ideas of the organ reform movement. The same company provided a thorough restoration in 1966. At that time, it was suggested to change the specification in a complete neo-baroque sense, but those modifications were (fortunately) never realized due to lack of funds. In 2006/2007, a general overhaul and restoration of the instrument was done by the organ builder Christian Scheffler at Sieversdorf near Frankfurt/Oder. This work included restoration and reconstruction of the stops changed in 1938 into their original state. Reinauguration of this precious, late-romantic instrument happened on May 6th, 2007.
|# of uploads with organ:||68|
|# of users uploaded using organ:||12|
Prelude and Fugue on BACH (Popup Player)
Praeludium & Fuge cis-moll op.85 no.1 (Popup Player)
Festpräludium in memoriam Anton Bruckner (1937) (Popup Player)
"Andante Tranquillo" from Sonata III, Op. 65 (Popup Player)