William Henry Prosser also known as Henry Prosser was a London organ builder who built a small number of modest instruments of which just a few now remain. He learned his trade under Bryceson, best known for their production of barrel organs although they also produced larger church instruments. He was followed by his son who operated out of Frome in Somerset.
Believed to date from before 1883 when the company ceased trading. The organ is a very modest free standing single manual instrument situated in a beautiful medieval church in a small Somerset village. Despite being of such modest proportions, it is capable of considerable variety which is helped by all of the stops except the Open Diapason and Pedal Bourdon being enclosed. Under capable hands, one might be led to believe that a two manual instrument is being used. The instrument possesses a pleasant mellow sound and despite the player being directly in front of the pipes, it is not overpowering yet it fills the church and is more than adequate for the hymn accompaniment and undemanding voluntaries that are required of it. The only slightly disconcerting aspect of the instrument is that whilst the pedalboard (parallel) is of 27 notes (permanently coupled to the manual), the Pedal Bourdon 16' only plays in the bottom octave, there being no pipes to carry the stop up further.
|# of uploads with organ:||3|
|# of users uploaded using organ:||1|
Sonata for Treble Recorder (Popup Player)